The Florida Department of Education's Office of K12 School Choice is pleased to announce the Florida Charter School Conference will be held November 2-4, 2016, in Daytona Beach at the Ocean Center with sleeping rooms and additional meeting space at the Daytona Beach Hilton.
Providing conference attendees the chance to connect with companies like yours is an important part of the overall conference experience. Your company is invited to support the conference by reserving a booth in the exhibit hall. Booth reservations will be accepted online until August 17, space permitting, with payment due August 24, 2016. For information on being a conference partner, please e-mail Noelle Bonard.
We hope you make the choice to exhibit at this year's conference. See you in Daytona!
The Florida Charter School Conference Team
Booth rate: $850 per 8' deep x 10' wide space
Fee includes the following:
- 8' deep x 10' wide uncarpeted booth area with 2' x 6' draped table and 2 chairs
- Pipe railing, 8' high curtain back wall, and 3' high curtain side dividers
- Identification sign listing company name
- Descriptive listing in the program book
- One conference program book
- Three exhibitor representative registrations which include meal events and entrance to all sessions
Any additional needs, such as carpet, electricity, Internet, A/V, Food & Beverage, are at the exhibitor’s expense. Please see below for service providers.
|Wednesday, November 2
||Exhibit Hall Set-up by National Expo
||8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
||Exhibit Hall Set-up by Exhibitors
||11:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
||Exhibit Hall Open
||4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|Thursday, November 3
||Exhibit Hall Open
||10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
||Exhibit Hall Break Down
||4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Security will be provided overnight.
• Full Conference Schedule
The Florida Charter School Conference draws attendees from charter schools across the entire state. Participants include charter school authorizers, operators, administrators and educators. The 2015 conference attracted close to 800 participants.
- List of Charter Schools in Florida
- Lead Retrieval System
There is not an official lead retrieval system for the conference. However, QR codes of the attendees' vcard information will be printed on the name badges. Apps like Scan to Spreadsheet should be able to scan the codes for collection. To the right is a sample QR that is the same as what will be on the name badges. Scan to test. Click the image for a large version.
- Advertising Opportunities
Several advertising opportunities exist for both exhibiting and non-exhibiting organizations.
Deadline to submit print ad: August 24, 2016.
Deadline to submit bag stuffer item and online ad: October 21, 2016.
Partner packages are on a "first come, first serve" reservation system and are limited to ONE partner package per company until July 31, 2016. After August 1, companies may reserve additional partner packages if available.
- Attendee List Order Form
Exhibitors may order a list of attendees who gave permission for their contact information to be released. Permission is given, on average, by 70% of the attendees.
- Order Attendee List - Available October 1, 2016
- Door Prizes
We are planning two big door prize drawing events for the attendees and would greatly appreciate your assistance. The first one will be on Wednesday, November 11, during the afternoon break and the other on Thursday, November 12, at the end of the closing session. You are also welcome to do your own door prize drawings from your booth during exhibit hall hours. Please let us know if you would to be part of the the drawings by submitting your door prize information.
- Submit your Door Prize Intent - Available October 1, 2016
- Exhibit Hall Directory Card
For the past several years, an Exhibit Hall directory card has been included in the participants' bags. It is our way to encourage attendees to visit all the exhibitors.
- Download the Directory Card (PDF) - Available October 14, 2016
- Catering at the Ocean Center - Spectra
Ms. Dallas Elwell
- Meeting Room Rental at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
Mary Jo Ortiz
- Electrical Services
Download Electrical Order form - Available October 1, 2016
- Audio Visual Services & Equipment
American Audio Visual
Download AV Order form - Available October 1, 2016
- Internet - Available October 1, 2016
Exhibitors may purchase an exhibitor parking pass from the garage that provides in/out privileges, $5 per day, per space. $10 overnight. Please email Noelle Bonard if your vehicle needs special parking arrangements.
Exhibit Hall Contractor
National Expo, www.natlexpo.com, is the official general services contractor for the conference. They will be sending each exhibitor's booth contact an e-mail 4-6 weeks before the event with directions for ordering booth items.
Please e-mail customer service@complexional if you do not receive your National Expo welcome e-mail by October 13, 2016.
- Booth Carpet, $120/booth
- Dray age and Material Handling
- Freight Services Information
- Floral/Plant Rental
- Furniture Rental
Move In & Out
Exhibitors may use the loading dock access on Earl Street or the doors from the West parking lot. Booths need to be ready by 3:30 p.m. for a 4:00 p.m. opening on Wednesday, November 2, and by 9:30 a.m. for a 10:00 a.m. opening on Thursday, November 3. Booths may not be taken down until 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 3, 2016.
Click for larger PDF.
To reduce the "where's my booth shipment" anxiety on set up day if you are shipping booth material, please send your shipment to National Expo's warehouse in Orlando by Friday, October 28, 2016. Shipments can be received starting October 7, 2016. National Expo will deliver your shipment to your booth in time for set up. Please refer to National Expo's service kit regarding the material handling fee incurred for all shipments.
Warehouse shipping address:
- FCSC - "Your Company Name - Booth #"
C/O National Expo c/o ABF Freight System
3732 Bryn Mawr Street
Orlando, FL 32808
The convention center will NOT accept shipments to the exhibit hall. All exhibitor shipments must be sent to the National Expo warehouse. Deliveries to individual sleeping rooms at the hotel will incur a $25 fee for every hundred pounds.
National Expo offers ABF as the onsite shipping company. Visit the National Expo service desk to make arrangements with the staff by filling out a Bill of Lading and they will schedule the pick-up for you.
Exhibitors using a shipping service other than National Expo's ABF must arrange their own pick-up and will be responsible for labeling and pick-up arrangements of their individual boxes.
PRIOR TO DEPARTURE: Any exhibitor shipping boxes to be picked up on Friday, November 4, must provide the following to the convention services manager prior to departure as proof of scheduled pick-up:
- Name of Shipping Company
- Date of Expected Pick-up by Shipping Company
- Number of Packages to be Picked Up by Shipper
- Location of Packages in the Hotel in order to direct shipper when picking up
- Pick Up Number provided by Shipping Company
- UPS: Must call for a pick-up
- FedEx: Must call for a pick-up
Booth Reservation Information
- FCSC Terms & Conditions
Please read the FCSC Terms and Conditions before reserving booth space.
- Ocean Center Rules & Regulations
- The use of propane, flammable bottled gas, liquid/gel fuels or open flame is prohibited with the building.
- Any other type of pressurized tank, cylinder or vessel must be properly secured to prevent damage to it.
- Helium users are responsible for the safe removal of all helium filled balloons, novelties or vehicles from the building at the end of the event,
- Decorations, signs, banners, etc., may not be taped, nailed, tacked, stapled or otherwise fastened to any portion of the facility.
- No holes may be drilled, cored or punched in the building.
- No painting of signs, displays or other objects is permitted in the building.
- No adhesive-backed (stick-on) decals or similar items (except nametags) may be distributed or used in the building.
- Any vehicle displayed in a show must have the battery cables disconnected. The gas tank must either be taped shut or have a lockable gas cap and may contain no more than of a tank of fuel.
- No sample food and/or beverage products may be distributed by exposition sponsoring organizations and/or their exhibitors except upon written authorization for Ocean Center Management.
- No one may bring food or beverage into the Ocean Center at any time.
- The Ocean Center recommends the use of residue resistant carpet tape (i.e. Bron #BTIOOD/F or Bron #R 136 clear floor tape). All tape and its residue must be removed from floor and disposed of immediately after the show.
- All electrical extension cords must be three wire UL listed and LL approved. Two wire electrical cords and zip cord is prohibited.
- Ocean Center Management must approve taping down of carpet and/or electrical cords prior to installation. Only tape approved by Ocean Center Management will be allowed.
- Freight deliveries will not be accepted by the Ocean Center. Please ask your show management for proper drayage instructions.
- Parking on loading docks, except for loading and unloading, is prohibited. Violator's vehicle(s) will be towed at owner's expense.
FCSC exhibitors have the option of obtaining liability coverage online, through a special group policy for only $65 plus tax. Qualifying applicants will be able to download a Confirmation of Coverage Certificate as soon as credit card payment is submitted.
Cancellations made on or before August 17, 2016, will be allowed a refund less a $200 administrative fee. Cancellations after that date will be charged the FULL fee. Refunds for credit card payments made after 120 days from original transaction will be refunded by check.
- Additional Exhibitor Representatives
Each booth reservation provides complimentary registration for up to three exhibitor representatives. Additional representatives are $50 each. Changes after October 28 will be handled onsite.
- Exhibit Hall Floor Plan
Exhibit space will be assigned by the conference coordinator in the order in which payments are received after Partners have made their booth selection.
» Interactive Map
» PDF of the floor plan (PDF)
- Reserve a Booth
The deadline to secure a booth is August 17, 2016. Payment is due by August 24, 2016.
Still have questions? Please email Noelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Design work for ads and promotional material:
Promotional Items for booth give-aways and bag stuffers:
Please help us improve by completing the Exhibitor Survey after the event.
The survey will be available November 4, 2016.